Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tent Living

Hey Everyone,

This is Amy, Chris's sister again.  I heard from Chris this morning.  They are waiting one more day for a summit due to high winds (25 mph) and crowds.   Winds at 25mph can really zap energy and put you at risk for frost bite, so they are going to hang out in their tents and attempt a summit early on Saturday morning (May 26th).  Another factor is that there are about 140 people up at camp 4 (south col) and about 100 are attempting tonight.   Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit less crowded.

Please send safe thoughts his way and I will post when I hear from him again, which may not be until Monday the 28th.

be well,