Monday, May 27, 2013

I have been told I do not post enough Pictures, numerous times by my sister. I am going to post a few for you....
 Going through the Ice Fall
 Our Kitchen at Camp 2
 Hanging out at Camp 3
 Moving to through the Yellow Band
Summit Photo with a prayer from Lama Gaisha

Saturday, May 25, 2013


My team summited on May 23 at approximately 4:30 am. It was an amazing day up to the South Summit with very little wind. Once we hit the Southeast ridge the wind started to blow but it did not diminish our ambition or effort. My first client arrived on the summit at a blazing speed of 6:30 hours. The whole team averaged about 7:15 to the summit.

The team who summited consisted of:

Chris Klinke-expedition leader- USA
Angdu Sherpa-Nepal

Eric Meyer-expedition doctor- USA
Tashi Sherpa- Sirdar-Nepal

Brad Johnson--USA
Damai Chheeri Sherpa-Nepal

Farji Al Lithfi-Indonesia
Nima Kancha Sherpa-Nepal

Martin Rimbawan- Indonesia
Lhakpa Tshering Sherpa-Nepal

Piotr Ciesweski- Poland
Furtemba Sherpa
Torborn Hallstrom-Sweden
Mingma Chhiri Sherpa-Nepal

Shyam Bahadur Tamang-Nepal

It has been a great expedition season and an amazing team. It has been my pleasure to lead this amazing team to the roof of the world.

Chris Klinke
Everest BC

Thursday, May 23, 2013


Hello Everyone,

I heard from Chris at about 3am (EST).  He and the team were safely at Camp 4.  Everyone on the team, except for one, made it to the summit between 6am-7am on May 23rd!   Chris will send a longer update with details of the summit when they are down at basecamp!   Send safe thoughts for their decent!


Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Camp 4

Hello Everyone,  This is Chris's sister again, I heard from Chris this morning- they are safely at South Col (Camp 4). The weather patterns have shifted and the wind has picked up and its snowing.   They are going to wait 12 hours and rest to determine if they will go for the summit in the next 24 hours - its a balmy 14 degrees F, which is actually pretty warm for 26K ft- send safe thoughts!
 - Amy